Monday, March 4, 2013

spring is upon us!

Well, it's 2013 and spring is upon us! Late last year, I purchased and planted a lot of bulbs despite TH's warning of not over gardening on the balcony again. And now that winter is basically over, the bulbs have started to sprout!


Emerging

Pushing up daisies...

Pushing up irises

The bulbs included tulips, irises, hyacinths, and crocuses. The flowers range in color. I wanted to stick to a color theme, black and white, but failed once I started doing research and seeing so many different colors of flowers that I wanted to plant instead. Some people may say I should be concerned with having too many colors on the balcony but I'm not worried. I was very conscientious about the colors I selected. And seeing as I planted to them in a variety of planters, I can arrange them accordingly once they blossom.

Not only are the bulbs showing signs of renewed life, so is the peach tree! The branches are studded with blossom buds! Admittedly, the tree isn't aesthically and physcially appealing but it's growing - you will see new green branches. I'm looking forward to when the weather starts to warm up.


Peach blossom buds


Studded with buds


 

No comments:

Post a Comment